What if you could create a web form for your business without writing a single line of code? Well, many businesses are already doing that as there are online form builders that allow you to create web forms from scratch without knowing the simplest programming language.
In this article, we will show you how to create different kinds of web forms in minutes without writing a single line of code using Formplus. Web forms help you to gather data from a large number of people with ease, store it and analyze it with no data science knowledge.
What is a Web Form?
A web form is an online data collection tool that allows respondents to fill in information that is then processed through a server. It can be used to collect information from online visitors via a web page.
Web forms have become increasingly popular as the internet continues to play a crucial role in our lives. At one point or the other, you must have filled a web form; whether as part of a product checkout process or while signing up for a new social media account.
Typically, web forms are a neat simulation of paper forms – they contain text fields, number fields, checkboxes, radio buttons, and other fields where respondents can fill in the requested information. These days, it has become very easy to create a web form for different purposes.
Types of Web Forms
A contact form is a type of web form that people can use to automatically make inquiries on your website. It contains different fields where the respondent can fill in his or her personal information and also state any question, comment, or suggestions he or she has.
A contact form is one of the most important parts of an organization's online presence and you're almost sure to find one as you navigate different organizational websites. It is an easy and almost immediate way for customers to communicate with your organization and get answers to questions.
Importance of a Contact Form
- It makes it easy for customers to communicate with you.
- A contact form is a good way to get more leads for your business and build your email list.
- It serves as a convenient method for customers to reach you and make inquiries.
- It improves the overall user experience of your website.
This is a type of web form that allows you to collect information from new users or customers who want to become a part of your community or participate in an activity. A registration form serves multiple purposes – you'd find it on sign-up pages, landing pages, email subscription pages, event registration platforms, etc.
A registration form allows you to collect information from a large number of people at the same time. It also makes it easy for you to organize data and follow-up on the people who filled the form by sending out automatic email updates.
Importance of Registration Forms
- Registration Forms help you to speed up data collection and processing.
- It helps you to accurately profile new users.
- It supplies data for recording.
This is a web form that allows customers to easily facilitate financial transactions. Usually, payment forms are directly linked to payment processing gateways and portals where the customer can complete the financial transaction and retrieve evidence of the payment (receipt).
A payment form is easily the most convenient method of payment today, and having one for your business makes it easy for more people to purchase your product or service. You can create your payment form, in-house, or use third-party payment form solutions.
Importance of Payment Forms
- It makes it easier for you to collect payments on the go.
- A payment form also allows you to confirm and verify financial transactions easily.
- It makes the payment process easy and seamless.
An application form is an online document that users fill to apply or sign up for something such as a job, loan, or course. It is used to collect a wide range of information from the applicant that will help you to make a choice regarding the status of the application.
An application form contains fields where the applicant can provide information about his or her experience, in a bid to convince the organization that s/he is the best person for the opportunity. Using an application form makes it easy for you to skim through applicants' information and shortlist the most suitable candidates.
Importance of an Application Form
- It helps you to easily collect and process applicants' data.
- An application form makes your shortlisting process fast and easy.
- It allows you to gather and process large volumes of data.
A survey form is a type of web form that is used to collect information about a predefined context from a predetermined group of people known as the survey sample. It is a common quantitative research tool, but can also be used for qualitative data collection.
A survey form usually asks several standardized questions which help the researcher to gather objective data from respondents. You can use online survey forms as the data collection tool for different purposes including market research, price determination, and customer feedback.
Importance of a Survey Form
- It helps you to reach your target audience faster.
- With an online survey, you'd get real-time results for quick and easy analysis.
How to Create a Web Form
Formplus has a drag-and-drop form builder that allows you to build different types of web forms from scratch without having to write a single line of code. Follow this step-by-step guide to start creating your web form with Formplus.
- Visit the Formplus website via www.formpl.us and sign in to your Formplus account. Click on the sign up button if you don’t already have one
- Once you have access to your dashboard, click on the "create new form" button to start building your form. Clicking on this button takes you to the form builder.
- The form builder provides you with over 30 form fields including text fields, payment fields, digital signature fields, etc.
- The form builder also has a drag-and-drop feature that makes it easy for you to add different fields to your form. Click on the field you’d like to add from the sidebar, then drag and drop it into the form area.
- After adding preferred fields to your form, you need to populate the fields with questions and/or options. To do this, click on the pencil icon beside each field to access the edit tab. Here, you can add a question (s) and options to the field and save them.
- Save all the changes you've made to your form by clicking on the save icon on the top corner of the builder. Once you do this, you'd automatically access the form customization section.
- In the form customization section, you have access to numerous customization options to change the look and feel of your form. Here, you can add background images to your form, change the form theme or add your organization's logo to make it more professional.
- Go to the form share page to share your web form via the form link or other available sharing options.
Design Web Form on Formplus (Without Coding)
Formplus has numerous customization features that can be used to beautify your web form without CSS. Let's show you some of the cool things you can do with Formplus.
- Add Preferred Themes: On the sidebar in the customize section, you can choose from up to 10 different form themes for your web form, in line with your brand visual guide. You can also change your form font by choosing from numerous Google font options available in the customization section.
- Add Background Images: Formplus also allows you to add preferred background images to your web form before sharing – it could be a nice picture of your team during a corporate event or annual meeting; anything at all. You can also have images as form fields if you like to.
- Add Organization's Logo: To make your web form more professional, you can add your organization's logo to the form. This helps you to promote the visual identity of your organization while helping your audience to get familiar with it.
- Layout: If you want to, you can automatically adjust your form layout by aligning it to the left, right, or center; whichever one you choose. You can also make changes to the size of the form in terms of its width and height.
Embed Web Form on your Website
After creating your web form with Formplus, you can embed it on your side to make it easily accessible to your target audience. Here, we'll show you the different ways to add your web form to your organization's website seamlessly.
- Go to the form builder's "Share" page. You’d find it on the builder’s navigation panel right at the top corner.
- Click on the "embed" tab on the sidebar.
- You’d see 4 options here: Use as Pop-up, Use as iFrame embed, Embed in Facebook Page, and Embed in WordPress site. Click on “use as iFrame embed” and copy the displayed code.
- Paste the code at the appropriate place to add it to your site.
- If you have a WordPress website, you can embed the form by choosing the “Embed in WordPress site” option, copy the shortcode, and paste it inside your WordPress editor.
Share Form Link with Email and Social Media
Apart from offering multiple options to allow you to embed your web form on your website, you can also use the Formplus numerous form sharing options to get your web form across to as many respondents as you would like. Here, we’ll show you how to share your form link via email invitation and social media using Formplus.
How to Share your Form Link Via Social Media
- First, log in to your Formplus account and follow the step-by-step guide we’ve provided to create your form.
- Next, click on the “share” option listed in the navigation panel at the top of the form builder. Here, there are many options you can use to share your form link via social media.
- In the navigation panel at the left corner of the page, click on “Embed” and then, choose the “Embed in Facebook page” option.
- Copy the displayed code and follow the directions to add the code to your Static Html Iframe Tab page on your Facebook page.
- Alternatively, click on the “social’ button in the navigation panel and then choose any of the social media direct sharing buttons to share your form with your online community. You can also download the QR code and share it.
How to Share Your Form Link via Email Invitations
- Still in the “share” section of the form builder, click on the “Email” option. Here, you’d find the “Email share” and “Email invitation” options.
- If you want to share the generic form link with respondents via email, click on the “email share” button.
- If you want to send bulk email invitations with unique links, and also track responses, click on the “email invitation” button.
- Choose one of the radio button drop-down options displayed. You can either send out email invitations to respondents or send out email invitations to respondents and pre-populate the form with existing data.
- Fill the displayed fields with the required information to proceed. You can find out more about sending email invitations in this help article.
Importance of Web Forms
- It Helps You Filter Irrelevant Information: Web forms help you to easily collect all the information you need from your customers at a go. In your web form, you can include different form fields where respondents can fill in the specific information you need.
- Web Forms are Trackable: With web forms, you can track important website analytics like the number of people who visited your form, the number of people who filled your it, and other relevant data. This makes it easier for you to measure web conversions.
- They are Convenient: Web forms are easy and effective communication channels for organizations. Customers can easily request information via your web form which facilitates interaction between your organization and the target market.
- It Improves User Experience: Having multiple web forms on your website, as is needed, improves the user experience of your website. Apart from boosting website interaction, it also helps customers to make inquiries on the go and this improves customer experience.
- Lead Generation: A web form is one of the most effective tools for lead generation. Prospects can express genuine interest in your product or service via a web form and you can follow up with them using the information they have provided in the form.
- Many web forms support automated responses to queries and inquiries. This speeds up your interaction with clients and improves customer experience.
Web forms are very important to businesses and the good thing is, you’d always find one or more types of web forms that suit your business needs. They are indispensable components of your business; whichever way that you decide to use them.
With web forms, you can have a clear understanding of who your customers are and gather useful information about their needs. Now that you know how to create web forms without a single line of code, you can build different web forms with Formplus and add them to your website.